Il y a plusieurs réponses possibles: choisissez la meilleure
1. Go ___________ ( = continue), tell me the rest of the story.
a) on b) in c) at
2. I give ___________! I don’t’ know what the answer is.
a) out b) up c) in
3. To find an answer = To ___________ an answer
a) come to with b) come on with c) come up with
4. They were very hospitable. They put me ___________ ( = had me as a guest) for
a) off b) up c) on
5. The teacher ___________ ( = distributed) the worksheets.
a) handed out b) handed on c) handed down
6. Which of the following phrases does NOT mean “wait”?
a) Hold on b) Hang on c) Hang up
7. When the phone rings, you pick it up. When you’re finished talking, you
a) hang up b) hang on c) hang in
8. I like ___________ ( = spending time) with my friends at the mall.
a) hanging up b) hanging out c) hanging at
9. I just can’t ___________ ( = accept/forget) how rude he was to you.
a) get over b) go over c) get by
10. You should ___________ ( = take a look at) this site! I really think you’ll like it.
a) check up b) check out c) check in
1) a 2) b 3) c 4) b 5) a 6) c 7) a 8) b 9) a 10) b
1. The recession was ___________ ( = caused) by bad economic planning.
a) brought on/about b) brought in c) brought over
2. My cousin ___________ ( = visited me) the day before yesterday.
a) came on b) came by c) came to
3. The robber ___________ me ( = attacked me), but I was able to fight him off.
a) came on b) came to c) came at
4. He decided ___________ moving to Spain. ( = decided not to move to Spain)
a) against b) along c) away
5. I’ll ___________ at 8. = I’ll come get you at 8.
a) pick on you b) pick at you c) pick you up
6. I picked ___________ ( = noticed) her bad mood and left her alone.
a) in b) up on c) on
7. The other kids always ___________ me ( = tease me/ give me a hard time)
because I look different.
a) pick on b) pick at c) pick around
8. I’m really tired. I’ve been ___________ all day trying to get things ready for the
a) running on b) running away c) running around
9. Let’s ___________ your test. ( = let’s review your test)
a) go over b) go around c) go away
10. Go ___________ .( = leave) I don’t want to talk to you right now.
a) out b) away c) on
1) a 2) b 3) c 4) a 5) c 6) b 7) a 8) c 9) a 10) b