. proud 2. child 3. time 4. free 5. glad 6. nice 7. care 8. cold 9. cheer 10. lone 11. hope 12. friend 13. thought 14. pain 15. sure 16. 0wner 17. enjoy 18. king These suffixes may help you :- -ship, -er, -ful, -est, – ness, -ly, -ment, -ish, -hood, -dom, -less, -like Find the definition of some of the new words you’ve found, write them down and then we’ll all try to guess what the words are.
Here are some words you know. They are called ‘root’ words, and you can make other words from them. Make new words from the root words and write them in your book. 1. child 2. free 3. glad 4. nice 5. care 6. cold 17. hope 18. friend These suffixes may help you :- -ship, -er, -ful, -est, – ness, -ly, -ment, -ish, -hood, -dom, -less, -like
Here are some words you know. They are called ‘root’ words, and you can make other words from them by adding a suffix. Make new words from the root words and write them in your book. 1. proud 2. child 3. time 4. free 5. glad 6. nice 7. care 8. cold 9. cheer 10. lone 11. hope 12. friend 13. thought 14. pain 15. sure These suffixes may help you :- -ship, -er, -ful, -est, – ness, -ly, -ment, -ish, -hood, -dom, -less, -like
Complétez les phrases avec les mots suivants
beautiful wonderful careful thankful
careless harmless worthless powerless
1. Mom always said to be ________________ when crossing the street.
2. The spider that is on your show is completely ________________.
3. We are very ________________ for all the help that we received.
4. Last night’s sunset on the horizon was ________________.
5. I dropped my cell phone into the tub and now it is ______________.
6. Mark felt ________________ against the strong winds on the bay.
7. The musical the kids performed yesterday was ________________.
8. Suzy was ________________ and she broke mom’s favorite vase
Utilisez les mots suivez
Utilisez les prépositions suivantes dans le texte:
1. Are you flying to Paris? > Well, we’ve thought about it. It’s only an hour . . . . plane. Driving isn’t really any cheaper and it’s much longer. It’s at least a hundred miles . . .. here …. the Tunnel, then it takes you over an hour by the time you queue. Then when you get to the other side, it’s a good two-hour drive …. Paris.
2. How far is it to Gothenburg? Harwich it’s a 36-hour ferry crossing.
3. How far away is your office? > It’s a fifteen-minute walk …. home, but the bus only takes five minutes.
4. How long is the flight to Tokyo? > The direct BA flight only takes about 11 hours, but we went …. Bangkok and it took over 24 hours. Never again!
5. Have you any idea how far it is . . Salisbury? > Well, if you go . . . . the coast road, it’ll probably take you over 3 hours, but if you take the A27, then you can probably do it . . .. just under two hours.
6. I’ve got to change airports when I get to London. How far is Gatwick …. Heathrow? > It depends which way you go. You could either take the tube …. (Central London, then get the train from Victoria, or you could just get the airport bus direct . . . . Heathrow. It’s only about 30 miles or so and the bus takes about an hour — possibly less.
Complétez les phrases avec les mots suivants:
give you a lift
pick you up
drop you off
a. the handbrake off
c. the headlights on
d. your seatbelt
e. the engine
(+ autres voc à utiliser, trouver des phrases d’exemple: overtake , reverse, push, park, brake,
Faites correspondre le mot avec le dessin: