1. One of the basic human requirements is clean ________ water.
2. The gradual increase in the Earth’s temperature (warmer weather) and the temperature of the oceans is known as « global ________. »
3. Global warming is seen by many as a ________ to humanity.
4. What are the giant masses of ice located near the North Pole and in Antarctica called?
5. Many people are concerned about how many forests are destroyed or ________ every year.
6. Forests, farmland, and oceans are known as « natural ________ ».
7. Human beings create a lot of ________. ( = waste) This ________ is often stored in places called « landfills ».
8. One way to reduce the amount of garbage is by ________. This way, a plastic bottle can be melted to create other plastic bottles, a glass bottle can be used to make other glass bottles, etc.
9. When you recycle, you have to ________ paper, plastic, and other types of garbage.
10. To use something again = To ________ something
1. Because of the damages caused by the cyclone, there will be massive ________ of food.
2. Most of the facilities are in ________. ( = in need or/ requiring repairs)
3. The disease ________ was spread by dirty water.
4. To ________ relief efforts = To prevent relief efforts, or to make them hard to carry out
5. The tornado ________ power lines and destroyed homes.
6. Several ________ agencies (like Doctors Without Borders) have offices here.
7. Recent surveys have shown that poorer people in developing countries care more about the environment than others in more ________ ( = wealthier) countries.
8. UNICEF has been distributing water ________ ( = cleaning) tablets throughout the area.
9. The majority of people in our country live ________ less than $5 a day.
10. Many people in the third-world ________ hungry ( = suffer from hunger) every day.
1. Vegetarians are people who do not eat meat as part of their ________.
2. Some countries, such as India, have a strong ________ of vegetarianism.
3. Many people ________ eating meat because they love animals.
4. Some people believe that vegetarians can eat ________, but this is not true.
fish and seafood
5. ________ of vegetarianism say that it is not healthy, but most nutrition experts believe that it is.
6. There have been many famous vegetarians in the ________ and present, including Paul McCartney, Leo Tolstoy, George Bernard Shaw, Mohandas Gandhi, and many more.
7. Vegetarians get their protein from ________ such as beans, lentils, and legumes, tofu and other soy products, as well as some protein-rich grains.
8. Many people believe that going vegetarian is also good for the ________.
9. ________ are people who don’t eat any animal products (including milk, cheese, eggs, etc.)
10. There are thousands of tasty vegetarian ________ online.