mots de liaison anglais exercice 7
Combine the following groups of sentences into longer sentences by using “and, or, but, so, yet;” Use correct punctuation.
1) Carlos lives in Canada
He was born in Peru
2) The car ran out of gas
Bob had to walk two kilometers to find a gas station
3) Maria could go to art school in New York
She could stay in Vancouver to look for a job
4) Penelope likes to drive fast
She got too many speeding tickets
She lost her driver’s license
- I bought a dog because I really wanted a pet.
- Alan couldn’t afford to attend the concert, instead he watched it on YouTube.
- Desktop computers are cheaper and more reliable than laptops; furthermore, they are more flexible.
- Prices fell by more than 20% last year. As a result, sales increased by 15%.
- I will lend you my car whenever you need it.
- Their front door was open; however, nobody was inside.
- You can take my car as long as you don’t damage it.
- A few of the students, such as Brian, failed the course.
- Essays must be handed in by the deadline, otherwise they will not be marked.
- On the whole, his speech was well received, despite some complaints from new members.
- Take an umbrella in case it rains.
- I went to Barcelona during my holiday in Europe.
- Life in the city is fast, whereas life in the countryside is slow.
- She arrived early so that she could help her colleagues.
- The company are expanding. Therefore, they are taking on extra staff.
- They have recruited more people and consequently the service is better.
1) Carlos lives in Canada, but he was born in Peru.
2) The car ran out of gas, so Bob had to walk two kilometers to find a gas station.
3) Maria could go to art school in New York, or she could stay in Vancouver to look for a job.
4) Penelope likes to drive fast, but she got too many speeding tickets, so she lost her driver’s license.